If you're anything like us, you'll never pick painting over the convenience of easy-to-apply peel-and-stick or paste-the-wall wallpapers. However, we are aware that looking for wallpaper can be overwhelming, especially with so many options available.
This helpful guide will show you how to pick wallpaper for each room in your home.
Choosing Mural Wallpaper for Your Living Room
There are several things to take into account while choosing the correct wallpaper for your most important social area. The living room is for the use of the entire family. It serves multiple purposes and is also a spot where visitors go to unwind.
Mural wallpaper tips for your living room:
- Choose warm colours: If you want to create a mood-setting living area, colours like orange, warm yellow, and soft amber are great. Alternately, if you frequently host parties and need something to liven things up, try experimenting with vibrant and interesting colours.
- Opt for easy-on-the-eye patterns: While busy patterns are lovely to look at, a calm setting like a living room works well with unobtrusive wall designs. If you yearn for contemporary minimalism, opt for something straightforward yet powerful like the Pink Panels mural above.
- Make it personal to you: Make your living space relatable to you and your family. A flowery mural, like the stunning gold translucent wallpaper below, is a wonderful feature for the family to unwind around if you enjoy art or flowers.
Choosing Mural Wallpaper for your Kitchen
For many families, the kitchen serves as the centre of the house. The kitchen typically receives the most traffic due to rumbling tummies, habitual snackers, and tea addicts. Make it appealing to everyone who uses it because it may also be one of the most social rooms of the house with lots going on.
Mural Wallpaper tips for your kitchen:
- Choose a fun wallpaper design: All ages should find the kitchen to be warm and pleasant. Something striking, like this gorgeous Yellow Fruit and Flower mural, infuses your home with a lot of energy.
- Explore new trends: The kitchen is frequently used by visitors, therefore it's a great spot to use the newest wallpaper patterns. The kitchen should be designed for entertainment while the living room is for leisure..
- Consider anti-microbial wallpapers for busy households: There is a lot more activity in certain homes than in others. Perhaps there are young children smearing their hands all over the walls. Do you have a lot of pets that roam the house? Or do you constantly have damp laundry hanging in the corner? Therefore, investing in anti-microbial wallpaper will be wise for you. Our anti-microbial wallpapers not only inhibit bacteria from growing, but also mould and mildew that thrive and spread in moist environments.
Choosing Mural Wallpaper for your Master Bedroom
The bedroom ought to be your go-to refuge if there's anywhere. Every homeowner should make this place their haven. their secure location. Their peaceful haven from the pressures of the outside world. Knowing what you need is the first step in selecting wallpaper for the master bedroom. It's about identifying the hues, textures, and design components that will aid in your ability to unwind at the end of the day.
Wallpaper tips for the main bedroom:
- Go for soothing colours: Pale blues, pinks, and light greys, according to interior design colour psychology, are the greatest colours for designing a soothing setting. This First Spring Leaves mural, which looks great as a focal point behind the headboard, is a wonderful example of a relaxing wall design.
- Experiment with florals: The flower category today encompasses much more than granny-style wallpaper. Modern floral patterns can be found. These include lush, leafy plants that can bring a calming touch of nature into your bedroom.
- Use sunset wallpaper to improve the mood: Escapism is one of the best design ideas for your master bedroom. No matter if you pick beautiful sunset wallpaper, mountain scenery, or woodland foliage, it's crucial to find the things that help you nod off.
Choosing Mural Wallpaper for your Guest Room
Although you want to impress your visitors with a wallpaper that captures your distinct personality and style, it's also important to provide them with the ideal safe haven where they can relax. Since guest rooms are a blank canvas for expression and experimentation, there are no real rules. Knowing your audience and what will appeal to them, though, is helpful.
Mural wallpaper tips for the spare bedroom:
- Choose crowd-pleasers: It's crucial to choose wallpaper designs that don't polarise too much when you need to accommodate a variety of interests. Unless you deliberately want to design a cool, eccentric setting that will spark conversation.
- Find relaxing prints and colours: In general, everyone loves flowers. From your trendy best friend to your 80-year-old grandmother. You may evoke a sense of peace and nature in the space by using calming tones like pastel blue. Just take a look at our Julia Dreams wallpaper, First Spring Leaves, which is displayed above.
- Get arty: Most of the time, guest bedrooms serve many purposes. They don't have to be as peaceful as the master bedroom to be relaxing. So they're great for exercising some creativity. Anyone staying over will be impressed by Andrea Haase's trendy Fantastic Peacock Kings mural, which is a lot of fun.
How to Choose Wallpaper for Small Spaces
Here are our top 4 wallpapering suggestions if you're looking for advice on how to choose wallpaper for a box room:
Tip 1. Choose light colours: If you have limited room, be sure to stay away from dark tones. Colours that are light and airy help to give the impression that the space is much larger.
Tip 2. Play around with light: Wallpapers that resemble bright or reflecting surfaces, like elegant and opulent marble, can be a terrific way to experiment with natural light. It creates the illusion that the space is bigger. Mirrors placed across from light-colored walls are also helpful.
Tip 3. Don’t go heavy on the patterns: Select wallpaper with a soft pattern so the space doesn't feel crowded or "closed in." For little home offices, this delicate White Marble mural (below) is perfect.
Tip 4. Opt for a feature wall: Select wallpaper only for one wall in the room, and paint the remaining walls a light colour. Using the power of illusion, feature walls that depict beautiful views or landscapes can help to enlarge a small area.
Please let us know what you think of our home wallpaper advice. If you have any suggestions for picking the ideal wallpaper or mural, please share them in the comments section below..